FUN AND JOE SUGG

This January, I felt my usual  'beginning- of- the- year- malaise,' which was one of the reasons that I finally decided to get busy with meditation.
Since trying to live more Mindfully, I have observed that I really benefit from trying something new, or what we all called 'PLAYING' when we were too small to know that we were not supposed to make our dinner into faces....or that the cardboard box was not supposed to be as exciting as the  present within.



 Anyhow...I am trying to be aware of and to be thankful for the  lighter bright moments throughout the day.  Whether it's appreciating the robin that I heard at 5am ( thank you insomnia!), having a staring match with our neighbour's cat, or enjoying some frozen banana, there are always good things to play with for this elephant... Mindfulness might also be the reason that I am trying to create my first collage for 30 years ( and on a scale larger than I normally use!). In a nutshell: I am more willing to fail,( or to not like something), and that is incredibly liberating.



If Mindfulness can be defined as living more fully in the moment, in cherishing and living the small things, then Vlogging must be very Mindful! Prior to the last few months I was not aware of what  'Vlogging'  ( doing a kind of film version of a Blog, on YouTube). I have become a big fan- although make no mistake- my pyjamas and cluttered duvet will not be featuring on a screen near you, anytime soon!!!  

In the UK in the dark months prior to Christmas we have our annual series of Strictly Come Dancing ( known as 'Dancing With The Stars,' in other territories). The show features celebrities being paired off, with world champion ballroom dancers, who then teach them a dance during the week, which is then performed on TV on Saturday night.

I often don't know these 'celebrities', so for me the pleasure is in watching people persist and learn, survive the weekly vote off, and in some cases, absolutely fall in love with dance. The sparkle has well and truly faded by the gloomy days of January roll around and we have another nine months to wait for more Strictly...
 
 
Joe Sugg was a person I had never heard of when he was introduced on the programme. A self-confessed dance-numpty, he not only fell for dance in a big way, but also for his partner. I was first introduced to their banter, and laughter in their weekly Vlog reviews of each dance. The have continued to Vlog together with Dianne having her own channel, and them launching a cooking vlog together.

I treat myself to a 15 minute Joe & Dianne Vlog whenever I feel in need of a sparkly pick me up. Their enthusiasm for life, reminds me of being young, and enjoying the small stuff...and of my previous life with spontaneity and activity.
More news on my collaging attempts coming soon!

I am possibly more creative than average, but creativity with your hands is only a reflection of what your brain and your heart are willing to play with. So why not try something new, head in the direction of what creates a spark of joy within you.
Get playing, get laughing and get dreaming...


THANK YOU FOR READING AND SHARING THE CHRONIC ELEPHANT!


Comments