The Toddler-Tantrum! (Not Able To Go Out 😐.)

 


Toddlers have have had it all their own way for far too long, and I am reclaiming the right to feel irrationally peed off, when my body is only doing what it has cheerfully been doing for the last 32 years- living with M.E. 

If you have seen me IRL or in photos, or seen my artworks, you might have formed the opinion that I have fully accepted pain and M.E as my constant stalkers...but it turns out It REALLY SUCKS!!

So in today's' Show & Tell, I thought I'd share how this morning has gone....

The prequel was late last night when I had random break- through pain. ' It'll be Fine, " I lied to myself. This morning I woke up feeling ill, but confident I would still be able to go out. Giddy with denial, I dragged on my outdoor PJ's, ate breakfast, took meds...

...Then accidently chucked tea and a glass of water all over the place. The mini-meltdown that followed was the point at which I realised that I felt like a hoard of flu viruses were making merry with my immune system (thankfully 'just the life- depleting powers of M.E, and not Covid). 

The word " Bollocks!!! " formed in my head.

I was NOT going to be heading anywhere other than bed.

I write under the duvet, wearing ugly - but- comfy pajamas. It is true that over a long period of time, disappointments, letting people down, and coping with flare-ups gets more familiar...but not easier. And it's ok that I don't like it.

It's ok that sometimes I want to drum my heels on the floor and scream loudly. And when you have an illness for which there is no cure, it's ok to dose that tiny toddler with lots of TLC...and a massive ice cream!😊

THANK YOU FOR READING & SHARING THE CHRONIC  ELEPHANT BLOG.

Email the elephant:thechronicelephantblog@gmail.com

Follow meon Insta: THE CHRONICELEPHANT

Comments