CHRONICALLY LOCKED-DOWN BLUES.

Did you miss me?!

It's been some months since I last Blogged during the Covid- crisis- remember that? Oh no. Wait.

Yep.


Covid is sadly still doing its thing. So here is a brief resume of the last months at the Elephant House, with our very First World problems: 

LOCKDOWN 1: Fear, anxiety, worry. Establishing routines, peaceful, birdsong, sitting  in the garden, free weekly drama productions on Youtube. Spring and hedgehogs. Temporary shortages of loo roll, ibuprofen, vinegar, flour, and eggs. Mr Elephant mentions reusable toilet paper(!) and we had a heated coversation about how to measure 2 meters. What the heck is ZOOM?! I miss family and friends...

  Dominic Cummings...Grrrr 



NEW LANGUAGE TO MASTER: Covid, Zoom, Doomscrolling, Elbow-bump, Nightingale- hospital, and Bardcore. The SpaceX rocket launches, and we watch Bob and Doug and their sparkly toy dinosaur blast into Space.  We enjoy the weekly 'Clap for Carers' as an opportunity to at least HEAR our local friends and neighbours -  who go mad banging pots, blowing whistles and screaming.  I take up life drawing again (after a 25 year hiatus), from poses on the Internet...and I hand-stitch 5 masks...



SUMMER: Warmth, Light, sitting outside and chatting spaced apart.

 Attending a socially distanced funeral. :- ( 


Meeting a friend on the village green, (maybe this year is picking up!) Crowds at local beauty spots are insane- Have they not watched any news in the last months?!!. I miss family and friends!!


AUTUMN: Tier 3 , or are we Tier 4 (?) The days are getting shorter, and all covid data is going up again... why aren't we in lockdown?! I introduce a Gratitude practise into each day,  because some days I don't feel grateful for anything in this **** of a year, despite being highly blessed. I begin eating chocolate like never before!  A squirrel replaces the hedgehogs. We are now Zoom veterans!


LOCKDOWN 2: If we are locked down, then why are there so many people about?!. Not sure what's going on. (?) Keep manically scanning the news which isn't helping...I have a plan to entice next door's cat into the flat and see if it will play some notes on the piano. Mr Elephant looks at me as if I'm mad...

LOCKDOWN 3: TRUMP'S GONE!!!!!!!!!! He's finally GONE!!!

Finally we are out of tiers and into lockdown and that fact, along with the bad weather mean there is no valid reason to leave the house unless it is on fire. At least these are rules that are possible to understand!!!  I unearthed some wildflowers I had pressed during the Summer- they fall apart, and I look at them thinking: " I know how you feel". 

DECEMBER 25th- I hope the politician who earlier declared Covid "Would be over by Christmas," is choking on some particularly farty brussel sprouts...I force myself to lay off the chocolate...

I have not been out since December due to my usual seasonal flare - up. The cat is still not playing ball with my piano- playing plan..but I did spy it trying to stuff itself- (unsuccessfully ) into a wheely bin. 

A pair of swans have been spotted getting cosy on the local river- we guess they are planning nest building. We are so starved for novelty at this point that crowds will probably gather if they so much ass put three twigs together. The prospect of a) getting the vaccine, and b) the potential for cygnets on the river, makes me giddy with delight...

And so on....

And on.

And on.





Comments