PIG-PEN and LINUS!

😉Two conjoining factors have contributed to the title of this week's post: 1) I have just bought myself a very cosy shawl/mini blanket that I have been curled up in for some days.
 AND 2) we have flies in the house!


For those of you who don't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the Snoopy cartoon strip- LINUS is the character who always carries a blanket around, and PIG PEN is the kid who is surrounded by clouds of dust and flies.

When your household is composed of flare- up twice over, I can confirm that an unexpected outbreak of fruit flies, does nothing to lift the mood. The sense of them overtaking our ( clean and scrubbed ) kitchen, has been a challenge too far. More and more of the little critters greet me, first thing each morning, then finding it to their liking, doing whatever vile stuff constitutes insect reproduction, and bringing their offspring to meet me the next day!

I am really reluctant to use insecticide, (for the sake of my lungs and the environment)...but just as we had cracked, and Mr Elephant had been dispatched to the One Stop for supplies, Dr Google came up trumps with 'an old wives' tale.' Apparently fruit flies LOVE apple cider vinegar and you can use it to trap them. I would have enclosed a photo of the traps, but I know that the sight of multiple corpses will upset those of a sensitive disposition.

The critters continue to get tempted by the smell of the vinegar...but are not the brightest at finding out how to get into the traps, so you have to be patient. Put it this way, if they were negotiating Brexit, the country would be...(come to think of it), in the mess it is currently in.!


It is Wednesday, we are getting on top of the fruit fly problem, but I am STILL flared up! My security blanket is a nice shot of ( shocking pink ) colour, as the skies get greyer and colder, and boy is it cosy! It is a good time to have something woolly as my new BFF. And to channel Linus...
NO ONE is getting that Blanket off me without a FIGHT!!
 



And if you think I am too nice to react, then you couldn't be more wrong- just ask the recently departed in my kitchen!


THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND SUPPORTING THE CHRONIC ELEPHANT. PLEASE SHARE ON FACEBOOK/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER OR TO YOUR REAL LIFE FRIENDS.

Comments