WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT COLIN- MINDFULNESS 4 HEALTH PT 3

A while back I decided to name my Anxiety. I decided to call it COLIN... 



When I feel anxiety taking over, I say to myself that : 'It's just Colin acting up, '  and it reminds me that despite feeling terrible emotionally, nothing is fundamentally wrong.

I think it is impossible to do this much meditation without feeling something gradually shifting ...Colin gets nervous around change, so he is  REALLY not enjoying the effects of twice daily meditating!

Daily pain+ increased self awareness (due to this Mindfulness Course) + Winter = COLIN!



AFTER 3 WEEKS OF THE COURSE: I am feeling horribly self aware in a way that takes me back to the horrors of being a painfully shy teenager. There hardly seems to be a second of the day when I am not A) running myself down, or B) saying something 'stupid' to someone.  I am trying to be accepting of all that my meditative approach is bringing...but it is NOT EASY!!!

Some days it is wonderful, and I am Mary Poppins floating down through the clouds or a duck happily drifting along in a sunny stream. At other times it is root canal work with a poorly trained dentist!

Come on Colin, we have work to do...


Comments