WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE-CREAM!

Here in the Uk, we have been enjoying unprecedented hot weather, and I have been craving the daily 'gelati' I enjoyed when I lived in Italy.

I do occasionally treat myself if there is 'real' ice cream on offer, but it always causes my eczema to flare-up and my chest to feel congested. I also have problems with commercially made soya ice cream- basically, any food with multiple ingredients is asking for trouble. Like many of you, I have food allergies which have got worse, as I have. Hence my body telling me in no uncertain terms how much it doesn't like most processed food.

Whilst I was pondering on the unfairness of it all...I came across this recipe for frozen yogurt with only 4 ingredients: fruit, yogurt, honey and lemon juice. You do need a food processor to make this.

I have substituted cows/goats yoghurt for plain (unsweetened) soya, and it is really delicious. The animal fat version would be slightly softer, ( you need to take the ice cream out of the deep freeze for about 30 mins before it is spoonable.)


https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/chocolate-and-banana-frozen-yogurt/

I have so far made the banana version, one with frozen strawberries, and one with coffee. All are absolutely yummy!



THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUPPORTNG THE CHRONIC ELEPHANT!
FEEL FREE TO ADD A RECIPE...AND PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM OR EMAIL.

Comments